Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Monday

Monday morning seemed normal until it started to snow...A lot!!! I know this is Wisconsin and to many of you this is unspectacular, but for those of us who have spent the last 2 years in Texas where it snowed twice the entire time we were there (and even then, it was gone by noon!) it is quite a sight! After all of the snow you had last year, this probably doesn't even count because it was gone by noon, but to me, it was photo worthy!

At first it was just a little more than some flurries.
Then it started to come down harder. (Note the white driveway!!!)
Then it became blizzard like conditions! (at least to us southerners, this is blizzard conditions!!!)

The only other pictures I have taken since Sunday are of the kids eating snacks on the couch together. They were looking so cute cuddled up until I got the camera out. Then they got restless...

Leo tried to get to the camera.
Then they pretty much ignored each other...
Leo started thinking about taking Alaina's food, and Alaina started getting her, "Oh no you aren't!!!" face on.
The elbow block. Worked well against Haley. Seems to be working for Alaina :)
Defeat. For both. Alaina is resigned to having her brother sitting so close to her snack. Leo is resigned to not getting her snack. Neither one looks too pleased.
Next weekend Dave is going deer hunting with Grandpa Mark! Wish them luck! I'm hoping for a freezer full of venison!

After several weeks of Leo waking up at least 5 times in the middle of the night, last night he only woke up once. I'm praying that this is a trend he plans to continue with. (I'm sleep deprived so I'm allowing myself to consider one night a trend...give me a break...if you had woken up that many times, you would call it a trend too!) I'm optimistic, but any sleepy thoughts you could send my way would be greatly appreciated!

3 comments:

Josh, Laura, Kylee and Lexi Engstrom said...

May you continue many sleepful nights! I'll take on the sleepless ones for awhile. Why was he getting up so much? I hope baby Leo is okay! Love the shot by shot photos of the snack wars, too cute :)

Anonymous said...

Sleepy by, sleepy by, go to sleep now little Wendy. Sleepy by, sleepy by. Sleepy tight all the night!
Love Ma

Very cute play by play
Love Grammy

Unknown said...

Cute pics! D wakes up at leasst twice a night to eat sometimes up to 4 or 5 I hope he gets down to one soon to (or if I am dreaming he will sleep through the night =)

oh and we go to green bay to find out on the 4th to see if the drops are working