Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Blue Dress

Today Alaina wore a dress that she has worn every summer for the last 3 summers. I was looking through old pictures and came across these. Here is the history of the dress, starting with the day I bought it for her and the post I made about it.....


Alaina's New Dress August 26, 2006


I just got this dress for Alaina today. It is a bit too big, but I'm a sucker for blue dresses (and clothes on clearance). I figure it should fit her next summer as well, so it is worth while.

***I should say that it got it's $2 worth of wear!!!




August 26, 2006




September 12, 2006



September 21, 2006



May 19, 2007






September 23, 2008



I am amazed at how long this dress has lasted. Sadly, I'm sure that this is the last summer she will get to wear it. Can you tell I really like this dress??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that dress has history. Never know she might be able to squeeze into it next year.
I think blue is her color, very pretty.
Love Grammy

Anonymous said...

I say stretch it another year by adding leggings next summer! LOL. I'll say, best $2 you ever spent! I loved the memory lane pictures. The one on the boppy? Kill me now. Blessings!

Josh, Laura, Kylee and Lexi Engstrom said...

i love that blue dress! your daughter can wear any color and look great. that was a very cute post :)

Unknown said...

I like the blue dress! maybe my next LO will be a girl:) I agree put some cute white leggings on with it and it can be a long shirt next year!! too cute:)

Anonymous said...

Danny had a Popeye shirt that we found at a rummage sale. It was his favorite (think Linus and his blanket). He wore it until Popeye was threadbare and almost invisible. Kristen loved wearing her Disney dresses for years too. Eventually she had to wear shorts with the dresses because they became shirts.
Enjoy the dress!
Jackie