Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy Fall!

First of all, we had a big morning. Leo got his haircut and I took the kids to get their pictures taken at Wal-Mart. I took a picture of the picture that we are having made with my cell phone so I can post it. But you will have to wait until the end of the post to see it!!

I stole Carolynn's idea of a leaf wreath and Alaina, Leo, and I collected leaves for Alaina to make a wreath for our door. She picked out all of the leaves and glued them together. I didn't realize how much I missed the leaves changing color while I was in Texas!


Here is a picture of Leo (eating a french fry last night....long story, I'll explain later...) before his big haircut at the barber shop today. His only other haircut was from me, so this time we took him to the big boy barber shop (that only cuts men and boy's hair!!).

Here is Leo this morning after his haircut. I can't believe how old he looks!
Ok, so the story behind the french fry....Last night I had ribs ready for Dave to grill when he got home from work. I had parboiled them and had cornbread muffins ready for the oven. He went out to start the grill and realized he didn't have enough charcoal. So, I went to the gas station to pick some up. As he was bringing the food out to grill we realized we didn't have enough BBQ sauce to make them. We then went to Wendy's. We went to the store later last night to pick up BBQ so we can have it tonight or tomorrow for lunch. BBQ-ing last night just wasn't meant to be...

They say never to underestimate your kids. Well, I learned yesterday never to overestimate your kids. Alaina got a package of markers for the first time and did awesome coloring with them. She was doing so well, that I left her for 2 minutes to go put clothes in the washing machine. Big mistake!! This is how I found her. She gave herself a mustache.
And finally, here is the picture that I took of the computer screen at Wal-Mart of the picture we are having printed. I am taking them in tomorrow to get Packers pictures taken.

Obviously, the resolution will be much better when it is printed. I will try to get a picture of the Packers picture tomorrow to post. Hope you all have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, tell Alaina the wreath is beautiful!! Leo looks so funny with the french fry in his mouth.
The viking pic is perfect, fun & cute!!!
Love Grammy

Unknown said...

I love the pic in thier viking apperal! they are both so cute!! D just tried french fries and seemed to like them:) Leo looked like he liked them:) can't wait to see the packer one (although we are Lion fans:)

Anonymous said...

Great minds think alike - we can exchange Viking pics of our babies, lol.

Your wreath is so way better than mine! You Made it, I let the kids pick mine out at Wal-Mart.

Alaina's mustache picture reminds me of Rachel on Friends when they all went to Vegas - too cute!

Leo Does look older! Amazing what a haircut can do!

Love & (((HUGS)))

Josh, Laura, Kylee and Lexi Engstrom said...

I love the Vikings outfit....cutest picture ever! I hope I can borrow her cute vikings clothes.
I love the wreath and all the stuff you have been doing...I'm so jealous of your fall!