Tuesday, October 14, 2008

New Bike!

Alaina got her first real bike tonight! We picked it up around 7 tonight and let her ride around on it for a while. She did awesome! She had a blast!


Here is a video of her riding her bike. And yes, she did crash into me......She is still trying to figure out the brakes.....




Sorry the video is sideways. I don't know how to rotate it! Then again, I just watched it and it may be more amusing sideways.....

Last night was Hibachi style fried rice. I'm working on tweaking the recipe to be more authentic. Leo loved it though and all of the leftovers were polished off at lunch today.

He now refuses to eat anything that even kind of resembles baby food. He won't eat it unless everyone else is.
Last night Dave hooked up the VCR. Today we put in a VHS from when I was a kid. It's called Kidsongs. They loved it. The kids were basically in a trance watching these kids sing. It was awesome. I rewound it (Which confirmed my love for DVD and a menu button...) and they watched it again. Same undivided attention. Even Leo messing with them got no response. We are asking for the Kidsongs DVDs for Christmas.
Look at these faces!!
By the way, that is Zach, our neighbor who Alaina loves playing with!

Oh, by the way, I found this bike on an awesome website group. It is called freecycle. People post things that they want to give away (no selling or trading--only no strings attached free things) or that they need (and would like for free). It is great! You can get rid of things quickly and you can usually find things you need. They have groups for most regions. I love it! Anyway, we have been looking for bikes anyway and you can't beat free. It even has a basket for her dolls to ride along.

I hope you are all having a great week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh she is growing up so FAST!

Love you all,

Auntie Pam

Anonymous said...

The pics are great.
That is funny watching her right before she crashs into Wendy.
I did that to my dad (without training wheels) boy was he mad!!
Love it all, Grammy

Josh, Laura, Kylee and Lexi Engstrom said...

i love that video! mmmm....that fried rice sounds really good...you wanna come here and make it for me? if Leo loves it I'm sure i will :)

Anonymous said...

Give Alaina a High Five and an Atta Girl!, from all of us! WOW!